Sunday, November 11, 2012

Kylie Minogue Album Review: The Abbey Road Sessions

First things first, I received the brand new Kylie Minogue album on behalf of One2OneNetwork for review. The opinions you are about to read are my own and have not been influenced by the One2OneNetwork in any form or fashion.

Now with this statement made lets move on to the album introduction. The Abbey Road Sessions album contains sixteen reworked tracks which span 25- years of Minogue's career. The tracks were recorded in Abbey Road Studios located in London with Minogue's band and a full orchestra. On this CD you will find many earlier track releases from Minogue and some new ones as well. Flower track 13 on the album is Kylie's latest single written a few years ago to the child she wishes to one day still have after her battle with breast cancer.

The Abbey Road Sessions tracks are as follows:

1. All The Lovers
2. On A Night Like This
3. Better The Devil You Know
4. Hand On Your Heart
5. I Believe In You
6. Come Into My World
7. Finer Feelings
8. Confide In Me
9. Slow
10. The Locomotion
11. Can’t Get You Out Of My Head
12. Where The Wild Roses Grow
13. Flower
14. I Should Be So Lucky
15. Love At First Sight
16. Never Too Late



Now on to the review. The album is filled with emotional feeling, the beat slow and deep. If you are into this type of "sound" the album is one you will sure want to pick up. For me most of the songs were not my true style. This being said the songs were not bad just not tailored to my tastes. I did enjoy Hand On Your Heart, the remake to the Locomotion and Can't Get You Out Of My Head.  Where the Wild Roses Grow and Flower are songs that touch the heart if you allow them to. I believe if your expectations are not set to hear the fast paced songs Kylie is often recognized for but instead a slower pace of heart bearing sound you will be thrilled with the songs on this album. My expectations for the normal sounds of Kylie did affect how I first felt about the album. I believe it to be one of those that will eventually grow on you even if your expectations are not first met.

Kylie fans can catch her during her upcoming TV appearances on Dancing with the Stars on November 13th and the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on November 14th where she will be performing "The Locomotion."

Follow Kylie on  Twitter and/or
Facebook.

For a Sample preview of The Abbey Roads Session   
 on YouTube
or to see the music video for "Flower"







    

                                                                                                         

To purchase your copy of The Abbey Roads Session:
ITunes
Amazon Deluxe
Amazon Standard

I hope you find this review and the provided links useful and that you enjoy the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment